Why Use Solar Electricity And How It Works
Solar energy is the cleanest and most inexhaustible of all known energy sources. Solar radiation is the heat, light and other radiation that is emitted from the sun.
Solar power is natural, sustainable and produces clean energy. Our products take advantage of the abundance of sun available, and through the use of solar panels and an inverter, produce electricity for your home.
There are a few good reasons for you to consider converting your home to solar powered electricity.
With the world running out of natural resources to produce energy, combined with the constant fluctuation in world pricing on all commodities, electricity pricing will continue to rise. Having your own solar energy system producing electricity will save you thousands of dollars.
Climate change is a serious problem affecting all of us. Our current carbon dioxide emission levels are causing global warming and are unsustainable for the planet. Clean, free and unlimited solar energy is energy generated with no pollution, no emissions, and no waste. With solar technology you can increase the energy efficiency of your home and achieve net-zero fossil fuel consumption, reducing your carbon footprint in a meaningful way.
How it Works
1) Solar panels are fitted to the roof of your premises with the included mounting system.
2) Solar panels collect energy as DC electricity directly from the sun
3) The DC electricity travels to the supplied inverter which converts it from DC power to household 240 volt AC electricity.
4) In the case of Net Metering - This electricity is first used in your home and any excess is fed back to the power lines in your street.
5) In the case of Gross Metering - All electricity produced is automatically fed back through your provided bi-directional meter back to the power lines in your street.
Your electricity provider pays you for all electricity fed back to the grid
How much will depend on the size of the system you have installed. Other factors that will affect output capacity is the intensity of the sunlight, number of cloudy days and the winter months.
If your solar system is not providing all the power you need at any time, the balance is automatically provided by your regular electricity supplier.
If there is a power outage or blackout, your grid-tie system will shut down immediately for safety reasons. Your power will be reinstated moments after grid power is restored.
As your inverter supplies the power direct to you or back to the grid rather than to a battery backup, you will have no power during a blackout.